Policies and procedures assist and guide workers to put safety and health into practice at your workplace. They form an integral part in your approach to safety in the workplace. All policies and procedures should be tailored to your local government, to ensure they can be implemented and adhered to by workers.
The OSH team can provide assistance with the development of your policies and procedures.
Tier 1 Toolkit
Whether it is geographical remoteness, a lack of resources, or some other issue, we recognise the challenges facing our smaller members, (generally FTE < 30). To assist these members with their OSH, we have developed the Tier 1 Toolkit (pdf).
Designed to assist you develop and implement safety processes, this toolkit should be seen as the first step in improving your safety processes, with a view to introduce new policies, procedures and processes as issues are identified.
This complimentary toolkit contains 5 action sheets focusing on:
- Taking responsibility
- Communicating with your workers
- Managing hazards and developing procedures
- Training and supervising your workers
- Reporting safety
Available in the toolkit are forms and templates to assist you to manage the safety of your workers. These include:
- Form 1 OSH Policy (pdf)
- Form 2 OSH responsibilities (pdf)
- Form 3 Safety discussion record (pdf)
- Form 4 Hazard report form (pdf)
- Form 5 Safety checklist – slips, trips and falls (pdf)
- Form 6 Safety checklist – first aid and emergencies (pdf)
- Form 7 Safety checklist – electrical equipment (pdf)
- Form 8 Safety checklist – manual tasks (pdf)
- Form 9 Safety checklist - plant and equipment (pdf)
- Form 10 Safety checklist – chemicals (pdf)
- Form 11 Task identification checklist
- Form 12 Sample safe work procedure (pdf)
- Form 13 Safe work procedure template (pdf)
- Form 14 Training record form (pdf)
- Form 15 Induction record form (pdf)
- Form 16 Training needs assessment (pdf)
- Form 17 Task observation checklist (pdf)
- Form 18 Hazard and incident reporting procedure (pdf)
- Form 19 Incident report form (pdf)
- Form 20 When to report injuries and disease to Worksafe WA (pdf)