LGIS has been providing a broad range of health and wellbeing services as a benefit to members since 1996. The program has evolved and continues to be a highly valued component of the member-owned mutual.
Our Health and Wellbeing program takes a proactive approach to assist you in creating a healthy workplace, improve awareness of health issues, lower risk factors and in turn, improve your workers safety performance. These programs have shown to improve the general health of workers, assist with retention and attraction of staff and assist in the reduction of workers compensation claims.
As a member of LGIS, you receive annual funding allocation and access to a wide range of health services through a panel of professional service providers.
For a quick summary of the program's features please see the health and wellbeing flyer (pdf).
The following services are available through the LGIS Health and Wellbeing program:
- Health assessments
- Skin cancer screening
- Hearing testing
- Exercise / fitness programs
- Healthy lifestyle programs
- Mindfulness and resilience tool
- Corporate massage
- Flu vaccinations
- Health seminars
- Online health portal
- Injury prevention
To assist workers in your local government that are responsible for the planning and implementation of your workplace health program, LGIS has developed a guide to creating a healthier workplace (pdf). It provides instructions and resources on developing a workplace health program that is tailored to your local government’s needs and worker’s interests.
Other resources and templates that may be useful:
- Health and wellbeing policy (pdf)
- Needs assessment survey (pdf)
- Worker interest survey (pdf)
- Workplace health and wellbeing environment appraisal tool (pdf)
- Health and wellbeing action plan (pdf)
- Health and wellbeing calendar (editable Word doc)
- Health and wellness activity feedback form (pdf)
- Program evaluation form (pdf)
The LGIS allied health services manager is available to provide support and advice to assist you to develop a workforce health plan that meets your local government's needs and objectives.
This approach to workforce health and wellbeing allows you to:
- Select health services that align with your respective human resource priorities
- Target specific areas that currently influence workers compensation claims
- Choose from a panel of providers to deliver the services
- Include elected members in the program
For further information contact Renee Rohde, Manager – Allied Health Services on (08) 9483 8888.