We know risks are never constant and we have the skills and experience to provide you with solutions to assist in today's changing and challenging environment. Our goal is to develop trusted and close working relationships with you to promote an environment where a "working together" approach is taken.
Continuing our strong focus on risk prevention and mitigation, we offer a broad range of workshops and seminars on a range of relevant and valuable, existing, new and emerging topics. Our workshops and seminars are tailored to meet your organisational needs.
Injury Management training
This course is suited to workers or teams involved in the management and care of injured workers.
Dr Heng Tan – Occupational Physician
Gary Hearne – Senior Claims Consultant
Martin Dobson – Partner, Moray and Agnew
Time: 9:00am – 5:00pm
Date: Friday, 15 March 2019
RSVP: Tuesday, 5 March 2019
Concludes with Sundowner for networking and light refreshments.
LGIS People Risk Day
The LGIS WorkCare Services team will share their knowledge on topics as voted by you, the members.
The range of topics include:
- Navigating the fitness for work process - why an assessment might be needed, when to request an assessment, and key points around this process.
- Guide to promoting a healthy workplace - key steps in planning, implementing and reviewing your workplace’s health and wellbeing program.
- Phasing into retirement - assist individuals to prepare for and feel positive about retirement.
- Managing an ageing workforce - build awareness of the impacts of changing workforce demographics and equip leaders with skills to manage an ageing workforce.
- Why we need more than just staff training when tackling unhealthy workplace behaviour – understanding the difference between primary, secondary, and tertiary interventions.
- Looking through the lens of the employee lifecycle - understand your obligations, and what you should be doing to ensure your workers are happy, engaged and fulfilled in the workplace.
- Early intervention - how you can provide support during the early stages of a worker’s compensation claim.
- The role of workplace rehabilitation providers in managing return to work - who they are, what they do, when to use them, and the expected outcomes.
- Working with the medical team – how to achieve efficient and safe return to work.
- Drive right - how to ergonomically set up your vehicle to reduce your risk of injury.
- The pros and cons of pre-employment medicals.
Previous workshops and seminars
Risk and Governance Day
- Control assurance – making sure your current processes are addressing the associated risks
- Event risk management – increased confidence and understanding of the arrangements in place for your events
- Contractual risk management – managing your exposures
- Managing emergency service volunteers
- Audits – a time to shine. Key lessons in audit preparations
- Managing your people risks - a sneak peak of the event dedicated to your WorkCare essentials
- Update on your Regional Risk Coordinator Service Plan
1 November 2018
LGIS Injury Management workshop
This course is aimed at workers or teams involved in the management and care of injured workers.
18 September 2018
Office Ergonomics Champion's Session
The aim of this workshop was to empower and educate key workers to perform basic ergonomic assessments.
11 September 2018
WALGA and LGIS joint HR forum
Monday 3 September, 2018
Grenfell Tower, cladding and the West Australian impact
Following the Grenfell Tower tragedy in 2017, the cladding used on buildings has become a significant issue around the world. Here in Western Australia, LGIS and the WA Local Government Association (WALGA) have been investigating building cladding and the potential ramifications for local governments.
Speakers included Ray Chitty, Head of Insurance Service for the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea; City of Westminster; and London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham, who provided in-house insurance response for the Grenfell Tower tragedy in 2017, and Matthew Reid, Partner at law firm Jackson McDonald specialising in local government.