Workplaces are currently putting in place a range of social distancing measures.
Frontline depot staff and rangers should consider the following guide to achieve social distancing.
Depot staff members should:
- Follow the Australian Government Department of Health social distancing guidelines when working together and while speaking to a member of the public (pdf attached).
- Considering having team meetings in outdoor areas and be aware of the two metre rule.
- Local governments may consider staggering their start, finish and lunch times.
- Staff should wear appropriate personal protective equipment eg. gloves while working.
- Wash hands regularly throughout the day.
- Keep two meters by two meters apart from fellow workers and the public at all times.
Social distancing considerations for rangers:
- Follow social distancing guidelines (pdf attached).
- If you are required to make contact with a surface like a car, you are required to wear gloves.
- Consider hosting meetings via teleconferencing.
- Keep two metres by two metres apart from fellow workers and the public at all times.