Have you ever...
- Been frustrated that a workers' comp claim has been settled?
- Wondered why a claim was accepted for a pre-exisiting injury?
- Found it difficult to navigate the workers' comp system?
- Questioned an employees behaviour while on workers' comp?
At LGIS we hear these questions from member's every day. The WorkCare Forum aims to answer all of these questions and more.
Packed with speakers across a range of disciplines the forum will give you an understanding of:
- the workers' compensation system
- the parts everyone plays – the worker, the local government, LGIS, WorkCover, medical providers, rehabilitation and legal
- why claimants act the way they do, the psychological impacts of workers' comp
- how to effectively manage a complex workers' compensation claim
LGIS WorkCare deals with members every day, managing their workers' compensation claims. This forum has been developed in direct response to our observations and aims to deepen attendees understanding and address the complex issues of injury, rehabilitation and return to work.
This event is a must for all local government leaders, HR and finance practitioners, people leaders and anyone involved in the workers' compensation system.
Case study workshops
After spending the morning deepening their understanding of workers' compensation attendees will get their hands dirty in afternoon workshops exploring case studies led by specialist lawyers and LGIS claims professionals. Together participants will manage the claim, adjusting for new evidence, deciding when to call for an assessment, if they should settle or progress to mediation. Get ready for an afternoon of debate and discussion as attendees consider all factors contributing to the claim.
The WorkCare Forum is a must for all WA local government leaders, risk and people managers. Spaces are limited so bookings are essential.
Download the full WorkCare Forum program HERE.
Date: Monday 11 October, 2021
Time: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Venue: Botanical Rooms, Crown Perth, Burswood
Cost: Full day ($230) / Half day ($190) - plus GST and booking fees
Bookings: Online at Trybooking.com HERE
Queries: Please contact Anne Clarke at email@example.com